Thursday, April 2, 2009

Pesach Chumrah

So I had this whole idea about a new chumrah about since some people take Pesach cleaning to the extreme, and it turns into a spring cleaning, I thought that since spring cleaning is a chukas hagoyim, it really should be stopped!

However, in my research for this chumrah, I went to the master source of all human knowledge - wikipedia - and found this article on Spring Cleaning. unfortunately, it brings down Pesach cleaning as a source for spring cleaning, so there goes that one.

2 comments:

Rafi G. said...

that is funny, but that is very interesting that it developed like that....

Eliezer said...

IT is, but it was frustrating to find that out. I overheard the words chukas hagoyim on the bus this morning, and my mind wandered, and I was so sure it would work.

Oh well.