Wednesday, June 4, 2008

New Beginings

Hi Blogosphere, it's Eliezer, are you there?

Just by way of introduction, My name is Eliezer, and I have recently made Aliyah. No I didn't do it alone, I did it with my whole family, the wife, and the three little ones. I don't think I could've done it without them.

In short, I'm glad to be here, to experience living with the keduha of Eretz Yisroel, and the bureaucracy of the State of Israel. Though I have yet to really feel the kedusha, as I've been shlepping around taking care of the mundane tasks of uprooting my whole life and replanting it some 6000 miles away (excuse me, according to google maps, it's acctually a mere 5,696.89, or as I'm going to have to be more familiar with, 9,168.26 km).

As this is just the intorduction, I'll let that sink in, and fill you in on more later on.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a difference between touring Israel and living in Israel for a year or two, learning and living there on a permenant basis. These mundane things must be taken care of, asap, and you cannot procrastinate them.
However, we are so looking forward to seeing you on the 23rd!
Love,
Mommy

Neal Bauer said...

By the way, I think you meant you couldn't have done it without them.

Eliezer said...

duly noted Neal, and fixed, it was a typo.

Unknown said...

Hi sarah how are you??????

Estie Turkel

the sabra said...

Ooh I think I'm gonna like this blog.

Eliezer said...

Sabra - I hope you do!