Thursday, June 5, 2008

New School II

So yesterday was AY's first day. We drop off SL at his class, and he is excited. Has no idea what his Rebbe is saying, but he likes it. I think it's b/c at recess they get to push each other at breakneck speeds on riding toys around the playground (if you want to call it that - hopefully when I get it together I'll show you his school).

So back to AY. For some odd reason as I'm about to take him into his class, his eye started hurting him. So I get slightly concerned, but not putting too much to it, as I figured he might be a bit nervous. However of the two of them, I figured him to have no problems adjusting and SL not wanting to go back. So I take a look, it looks fine, so I ask him when it started hurting him, and he told me from when we were in the car, and I'm thinking, you big faker, but he was really crying. I felt real bad leaving him. However the menahel was with me as I was bringing him in, so I told him his eye hurt, so he said come with me to the office. He said to AY, do you want medicine?
I'm thinking what!?
So he goes to his desk and pulls out a little package of lentils, and gives AY one.
It was nice, it didn't really do the trick, as he was still sad when I left, though I think it did fix his eye problem!
Now to quell your thoughts that this is going to be bad for my children, giving them candy as medicine, they won't know the difference, etc. etc. When we brought AY home and were talking about the day, he said he liked the menahel, so we asked why? He responded by saying in his cute little voice "Because he gave ma candy".

Any way, to cut this short as I'm tired in the end he's still not too crazy about school. Sarah thinks that part of it has to do with the fact that his morah does know English, but won't speak to him in it there, and that just frustrates him.

Anyway, we'll see how the rest of the week progresses.

No comments: