Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Goldsmith the Silversmith

I had to get one of our candle sticks fixed, as it was wounded in the move. Looking for a way to get it repaired (before my mother came), I saw an ad for Goldsmithe the Silversmith. I figured with a cute name like that how could I go wrong?!

As I dropped it off, I was shmoozing with him for a little bit. He's an older man, who made aliyah with his wife not that long ago. He told me that he was a silversmith in the old country, had retired, and moved here. I asked him what he's doing if he's retired. So you know what he told me? It was a response that you'd only find here.
He said that he needs to keep his skills in shape, b/c when Mashiach comes, and the Bais Hamikdash is brought back, we're going to be geting all of the gold & silver keilim (utensils). Since some people say that they were hidden in the ground, they are going to be needing a real good cleaning when they come back up. And who better to give them a good shine and a touch up than an experienced & qualified silversmith.

I just get amazed by the people around here all the time.

6 comments:

Lion of Zion said...

ספור יפה

Anonymous said...

I'm soo happy I'm reading your post now. Now i know why you asked if I read them before I left. He did a good job, as I didn't notice the boo boo.
Love,
Mommy

Eliezer said...

He realy did do a good job.

the sabra said...

O wow. What a special story. I must share it.

Eliezer said...

Please do!

the sabra said...

...and nearly a year later, I did :)

(she'teidah-this story has been in my head ever since i read it..)